An anthology about a female Sherlock Holmes,
written by women
What would the Great Detective be like if Sherlock was a woman?
Clan Destine Press and commissioning editors Narrelle M Harris and Atlin Merrick, wonder just that, and seek stories about a female-identifying Sherlock Holmes – young or old, set in any time, place, or culture!
Of course, wherever there is Holmes, Watson must follow – in this anthology Watson could be nonbinary, female- or male-identifying, queer or straight. Whatever suits your setting.
Who is Ms Sherlock Holmes in your story? Who is her Watson?
Her clients? And what are the mysteries only she can solve?
- Submissions requested from female-identifying writers.
- Sherlock must identify as a woman – all else is open to your interpretation.
- Her name must be Sherlock Holmes (or the local cultural equivalent).
- We encourage submissions from writers of diverse backgrounds.
- We'd love Holmesian-style adventure and mystery.
- No sexual or extreme violence.
Payment and Deadline:
Submission deadline: 30 September 2022. Payment is AU$0.05c a word for stories up to 5000 words; you may write a longer piece, but payment caps at 5000 words.
- Send your story as a .doc or .docx attachment
- Use Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced
- Single quote marks on dialogue
- Paragraphs indented 0.5cm
- Left-aligned (not justified)
- Margins 2.5cm/one inch all around – left and right; top and bottom
Questions: Email Clan Destine Press' commissioning editors, Narrelle M Harris and Atlin Merrick at: email@example.com.